Nepal Communitere is thrilled to announce the donation of twelve, 20 foot shipping containers. This gives us the unique opportunity to build the Nepal Communitere Resource Center and Innovation Hub in the heart of Kathmandu using Cargotecture Technology, a building system using recycled ISO shipping containers. This will make our Resource Center durable, securable, sustainable and easy to relocate if necessary.
We invite you to be a part of our Design Challenge by sending us your best, most innovative designs for our Resource Center. If you’re an architect, designer or just fancy giving it a go, please email your ideas to [email protected]. Challenge ends August 9th.
Elements to include in your design:
• Private and co-working office space
• 60 person conference hall
• 3D printing and computer lab
• Reception area
• Fusion of modern and traditional Nepali design
• Alternative and green building techniques (biotecture!)
• Tool workshop
• Less than a 5,000 sq. ft. footprint
Watch our Facebook page for more updates. And good luck!